ARB’s range of rear bars, incorporating wheel carriers and jerry can holders, provide additional functionality while delivering high quality vehicle protection.
4WDs with the spare tyre mounted on the back door can suffer from unnecessary door assembly stress, while a spare wheel located underneath a vehicle can be difficult to access, be more prone to damage and may affect ground clearance when driving off road. Both of these mounting methods can also prove unsuitable if a larger tyre size is sought.
An ARB rear bar addresses all of these issues, relocating the spare tyre onto the bumper assembly via a swing out carrier.
- Wheel/jerry can carriers can be optioned on either side of the rear bar on most vehicles
- A single carrier can be fitted, or the rear bar can be installed without any carriers at all. Neat insert panels are used in this instance
- Twin 33” or a single 35” tyre can be accommodated on most vehicles
- Carriers are mounted via dual shear pivots for maximum strength
- Spare tyre is secured to the stud plate with a lock nut with the provision to fit a padlock to secure the stud plate to the carrier
- Multi fit spare wheel stud system provides flexibility for alternate rim selection
- Wing sections can be removed and replaced if they sustain damage
- Incorporates heavy duty towing system, or integration with original equipment tow point on some models
- Dual, laminated towing points and Hi-Lift jacking points
- Extruded alloy step section
- Supplied in a durable powder coat finish with optional colour coding available
- Provision to mount an optional HF aerial bracket and camp light
* Certain ARB rear bar models may not incorporate all of the above features
Carrier Operation: The carriers operate on gas struts that are sufficient to hold each side open in most situations. However, if the vehicle is on an extreme side angle, the locking pin can be engaged to ensure each side remains open.
Easy to Operate: The wheel carrier and jerry can holder is easy to operate, and can be opened by pulling a lever. To close, you simply shut it as you would a car door.
Quick, Convenient Access: The ARB rear bar system ensures quick, convenient access to the rear of your vehicle.